🗞 Course Creators Weekly #10 🗓 August 31st, 2020 - How to Keep Going (When You Don't Want To)
Welcome to the 10th edition of Course Creators Weekly!
Pat Flynn shares his tips on how to keep going when you feel demotivated as an entrepreneur, and more!
- Celebrate small wins, even when you have big goals
- Think about the reward on the other end—what do you look forward to?
- Think of it as a game—build a streak, and don't break it
- Think about your vision—your big 'why'
- Use the 5-second rule: just count down from 5 and do what you gotta do
- Be grateful that you have a 'choice'—it's a privilege
- Be inspired by and learn from those a few steps ahead of you, but…
- Don't compare yourself with them—only your past self
- Find people to hold you accountable
Personalised, adaptive learning is the future of online courses…
- Test your students' existing knowledge to find gaps in prerequisite skills
- Use assessments to help students find content that's most relevant to them
- Recommend extra resources, allowing students to personalise their learning
- Give students the opportunity to ask questions through forums, chat, or live calls
- First of all, remember that competition is good—it means there's a market
- Niche down on a market or a specific platform
- Go deep on a SINGLE topic
- Price high, especially if you have social proof
- Focus on your expertise, and sell YOU