Course Creators Weekly #2 🗓 July 6th, 2020 - The Trouble with Self-Paced Courses
Welcome to the second issue of Course Creators Weekly!
I understand that not everyone has the time to read, watch or listen to all of the content I share each week. I want to make Course Creators Weekly digestible in under a minute, and a valuable resource on its own. So, I've decided to complement each link with a few bullet points summarising the key ideas.
Also, instead of sharing 5 pieces of content every week, I'll aim for 3 to 5. That way, it's easier for me to summarise and quicker for you to consume!
Let me know what you think!
Self-paced courses lack consequences, accountability, feedback, and impact. How can you increase the stakes & boost results for your students?
- Onboard your students with a welcome and a follow-up sequence
- Consider moving to a group program structure
How do you market your online course if you don't have an audience? Here are some ideas/tips:
- Pitch your content to podcasters and bloggers
- Present your key course content on someone else's webinar
- Don’t hold back—put your best stuff out there
A lot of new course instructors ask this question. Is Udemy worth it?
- Have a high-demand, low-cost course + patience? Maybe!
- Have a low-demand, high-cost course? Definitely not!
- Speak a foreign language? A golden opportunity, maybe!
- Worth it or not, Udemy can help you understand market trends!