Course Creators Weekly #23 🗓 November 30th, 2020 - Selling Online is Getting Harder
This week, Pat Flynn shares why he thinks selling online has become harder, we learn from Bryan Harris about a common pricing strategy that may be limiting your revenue potential, and Chris Ducker shares some personal branding advice.
Selling Online is Getting Harder (Here's Why)
- Automated sales funnels have become less effective—more is needed to build trust
- Truly understand your audience's needs and pain points by having conversations
- Use your audience's own words to describe their problems in your messaging
- Show your confidence in your messaging, so people can feel confident in you
- Webinars have become more popular/effective as more people stay at home
- Webinars are great for building trust, whether or not you sell directly on them
Avoid This Common Pricing Mistake for Online Courses and Coaching Services
- Common pricing strategy: calculate your average customer's LTV, charge that upfront
- It's bad because you'll effectively cap the revenue potential from your best customers
- It's better to charge an ongoing monthly fee; you'll lose some, but gain far more
I highly recommend checking out the article for more details, examples, and a calculator to see the impact of the above pricing strategy in different scenarios.
The Most Important Things to Build a Personal Brand
- Build your business around YOU and what you stand for
- Define what you are and what you want to be known for (can change over time)
- Figure out who your perfect customer is—find their biggest pain point
- Think of yourself as a "professional problem solver"
- Be uniquely you, and unapologetically so—some will hate you, others will love you
- Put your energy into things that generate results—say 'no' to everything else