Course Creators Weekly #57 🗓 July 26th, 2021 - Building a Viral Cohort-based Course
- Stop overcomplicating things—just do the easiest thing you know you can do
If you really don't want to watch the entire 5-minute video, the question is at 1:20.
What if online courses were like open-world games, simulating the real-life experience of progression, detours, and setbacks?
- A world of ideas, missions, and learning quests replace traditional, linear curriculums
- Students explore the world based on their own unique interests and goals
- OWCs are never complete or "ready"—they're constantly evolving
- Creators sell access to their world before they begin to build and while iterating
- There's no "completion" in OWCs—people's stories measure success or failure
P.S. If you enjoyed this short essay, I'd appreciate a ❤️ or a retweet! 😉