🗞 Course Creators Weekly #6 🗓 August 3rd, 2020 - 3 Lessons I Learned Building a Personal Investing Course in 60 Days
This one's a little bit of a mix. First, I share a post from an indie hacker and the lessons she learnt (or learned, as she'd say) building her first online course. Then, we hear about fear, embarrassing moments, and impostor syndrome. And finally, I share an article about creating relevant marketing content.
Enjoy the read!
Yaya, an indie course creator shares the lessons she learnt the hard way…
- Presell before you build an entire course, but…
- Build a little first, so you know how long it'll take
- Don't rush things / pace yourself and leave time to recharge
- Be prepared for technical challenges
Don't mind the name!
- Anxiety and impostor syndrome never go away
- You don't have to be perfect to be successful
- People don't remember the perfect little stuff, but…
- They remember how much you care
- People connect with those they think are most like them
- Be yourself, keep it personal and authentically you
- Not everyone will like you. Care about those who do
- Write for your target audience
- Use stories to inspire
- Make next steps clear
- Focus on key benefits
- Pick a short, memorable name
- Optimise your website for SEO