Course Creators Weekly #61 🗓 August 23rd, 2021 - The Golden Rule of Building an Audience
Rob Hardy writes about building trust, and treating your audience the way you want to be treated. Two fantastic articles, one summary:
- Take the slow and steady path—don't trade your audience's trust for short-term gains
- Stop blindly following advice or applying tactics from other creators (including mine)
- Don't use tactics on your audience that you wouldn't appreciate being used on you
Check out Rob's 'the golden rule' (don't skip this), and his article below to learn more!
In this video, Ashlyn Carter shares her P.A.R.I.S copywriting formula for writing effective sales copy. Here's the high-level breakdown:
- Problem—identify the pain point or the challenge your audience want to overcome
- Agitation—talk about the pain point or challenge, using your audience's own words
- Remind—remind your audience what they want, digging deep into their story
- Interest—grab your audience's attention by sharing facts or taking a hard stance
- Solution—pitch your solution and how you can help your audience get what they want
Check out the video to learn more and see examples of how Ashlyn's clients have implemented the formula into their sales copy.
Also, here's the article version of the P.A.R.I.S formula on Ashlyn's website.
It's possible to have a successful launch with a small, dedicated group of subscribers. In this article from the ConvertKit blog, Kaleigh Moore shares plenty of tips and a few great stories.
Here are some of the biggest takeaways:
- Having the right people on your list is more important than the size of the list
- Build trust—share your expertise freely before trying to sell anything
- Think about what your audience/clients already ask of you to find opportunities
- Personalise your offering, doing things that don't scale to leverage your small list
- Use exclusivity and scarcity to turn a small list from an obstacle into an opportunity